The ideas behind the IGov ‘straw’ Fit-for-Purpose GB Energy Governance Framework
From: Catherine Mitchell
Presentation to: DTU, 26th October, Copenhagen
- IGov Governance Framework is derived from evidence via case studies
- We took the Framework developed in IGov1, and have reduced it to 4 dimensions which are interconnected and overlapping.
- No one dimension is sufficient to enable the energy transformation.
- I will skip 3 dimensions and concentrate on the role of distribution.
- Denmark not necessarily an average country when it comes to transformation – in terms of size; geography; population; environmental literacy etc
- It would be interesting to know if Denmark already de facto has distribution markets; and the extent to which it has new, grid-edge P2P transactions – and if not, why not? given its innovative status within energy system transformation
The slides from this presentation can be found here: SYS Copenhagen 27 October 2017