In the field of marine connectivity and MPA design...
- E. V. Kennedy, C. T. Perry, P. R. Halloran, R. Iglesias-Prieto, C.H.L. Schönberg, M. Wisshak, A.U. Form, J.P. Carricart-Ganivet, M. Fine, C.M. Eakin and P.J. Mumby (2013). Avoiding coral reef functional collapse requires local and global action. Current Biology, 23: 912–918.
- Holland, L.P., D.A. Dawson, G.J. Horsburgh and J.R. Stevens (2013) Isolation and characterization of eleven microsatellite loci from the ubiquitous temperate octocoral Alcyonium digitatum (Linnaeus, 1758). Conservation Genetics Resources, 5: 767–770.
- Holland, L.P., Dawson, D.A., Horsburgh, G.J., Krupa, A.P. and Stevens, J.R. (2013) Isolation and characterization of fourteen microsatellite loci from the endangered octocoral Eunicella verrucosa (Pallas, 1766). Conservation Genetics Resources, 5: 825–829.
- Foster, N.L., Paris, C.B., Kool, J.T., Baums, I.B., Stevens, J.R. … and Mumby, P.J. (2012) Complementary insights into coral connectivity from empirical and modelled gene flow. Molecular Ecology, 21: 1143–1157.
In the field of fish conservation genetics...
- P.B. Hamilton, E. Nicol, E.S. De-Bastos, R.J. Williams, J.P. Sumpter, S. Jobling, J.R. Stevens and C.R. Tyler (2014) Populations of a cyprinid fish are self-sustaining despite widespread feminization of males. BMC Biology, 12: 1.
- Finnegan, A.K., Griffiths, A.M., King, R.A., Machado-Schiaffino, G., Porcher, J.-P., Garcia-Vazquez, E., Bright, D. and Stevens J.R. (2013) Use of multiple markers demonstrates a cryptic western refugium and postglacial colonisation routes of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) in northwest Europe. Heredity 111, 34–43.
- Söffker, M., Stevens, J.R. and Tyler, C.R. (2012) Comparative breeding and behavioral responses to ethinylestradiol exposure in wild and laboratory maintained zebrafish (Danio rerio) populations. Environmental Science & Technology, 46: 11377−11383.
- Ikediashi, C., Billington, S. and Stevens, J.R (2012) The origins of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) recolonizing the River Mersey in northwest England. Ecology and Evolution 2, 10: 2537-2548. [Download PDF – OPEN ACCESS]
In the field of trypanosomiasis...
- Hamilton, P.B. Cruickshank, C., Stevens, J.R. Teixeira, M.M.G. and Mathews, F. (2012) Parasites reveal movement of bats between New and Old Worlds. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 63: 521–526. [View PDF]
- Hamilton, P. B., Teixeira, M.M.G. and Stevens, J.R. (2012) The evolution of Trypanosoma cruzi – the ‘bat seeding’ hypothesis. Trends in Parasitology, 28 (4): 136–141. [View PDF]
- Stevens J.R. (2014) Free-living bodonids and derived parasitic trypanosomatids: but what lies in between? Trends in Parasitology (in press) [View PDF]
In the field of entomology...
Morgan, E.R., Clare, E.L., Jefferies, R. and Stevens, J. R. (2012) Parasite epidemiology in a changing world: can molecular phylogeography help us tell the wood from the trees? Parasitology [Link to PDF]