Accountancy, Banking & Finance
Consumer Information, etc.
- Bean Counting 101
- A free multi-media accounting course for non-cccountants by Arnold S. Grundvig,
- Accounting Terms Defined
- Confused by accounting terminology? Don't be. Here's an explanation of common accounting terms and what they mean, by Susan Honea.
- The Association of Chartered Certified
- ACCA claims to be the largest and fastest-growing international accountancy body,
with members in 160 countries.
- Find a
- Information provided by the ICAEW. It includes an online directory of accountancy
- Is an online degree in accounting right for you?
- A guide for students thinking of studying online for a degree in accounting at university or college in the United States.
- he London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Founded in 1879 as the Institute of Bankers, the aim of the LIBF is to advance banking and finance by providing outstanding education and thinking, tailored to the needs of business, individuals, and society.
- The Building Societies Association
- The trade association for the UK's building societies. The site contains details
of members, answers to frequently asked questions, facts and statistics on building
societies, and copies of press releases and newsletters etc.
- Bank of England
- The official web site of Britain's central bank.
- British Bankers' Association
- A source of information for consumers, businesses, the media and
- What is the Fed?
- Information about the history and functions of the Federal Reserve System compiled by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. The Bank's website contains a range of resources for teachers and the pages on the FED are among them.
- Canadian Banks
- Thid site focuses on the Canadian banking industry, featuring articles about
Canadian financial institutions, mortgage, credit and debt.
- International Monetary Fund
- The IMF is an international organization of 185 member countries. It was
established to promote international monetary cooperation, exchange stability, and
orderly exchange arrangements; to foster economic growth and high levels of
employment; and to provide temporary financial assistance to countries to help ease
balance of payments adjustment.
- World Bank
- The central bankers' central bank.
- The Central Bank
- This is part of the website of the Bank for
International Settlements. The Hub includes a directory of the world's central
banks with links to their websites, copies of speeches by senior central bankers, and
research publications from central banks and other international financial
institutions, and articles from the International Journal of Central Banking.
Debunking the Federal Reserve Conspiracy Theories
- Articles by Edward Flaherty answering common allegations made against the Federal
- British Bankers' Association
- This website provides you with information about the BBA and also offers access
to more information about the banking industry.
- Bobsguide to Financial Technology
- An online showcase for technologies and services in the banking and finance
Consumer Information, Personal Finance, Stockmarkets etc.
10 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Money
- When it comes to our financial health, it is vital that we understand money. But not everyone wants us to. There are those who encrypt money with jargon and unnecessary complexity. In this forthcoming book, which can be pre-ordered from Amazon, Linda Davies helps people understand money better and apply what they learn.
The Pain of Financial Stress, and What You Can Do About It
- This resource for tackling the problems of financial stress has been produced by the University College London School of Management. It deals with the causes of financial insecurity and how financial stress can have negative physical and psychological effects. Also explored is how widespread issues of financial difficulty is in the UK and ways financial stress can be managed, reduced, and prevented. /dd>
- The Definitive Guide to Your Legal and Financial Lifetime
- A detailed guide to the sort of legal and financial decisions that people in Britain are typically faced with at all the important stages of their lives. The guide was created and is maintained by Wright Hassall, a legal firm based in the Midlands.
- A price comparison website for a wide variety of different types of loan, including mortgages, peer to peer lending,bridging loans, secured and unsecured loans, business finance, development finance, etc..
- A price comparison website helping soldiers and veterans save money on everyday insurance and credit.
- A major source of information on all aspects of finance, arranged by topic and by
- Led by a former Director of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs,
Credit.com provides consumers a unique perspective on the financial world. Credit.com
empowers consumers with easy-to-understand information about money, credit, loans and
more. Credit.com is partnered with trusted financial experts and select companies in
order to offer insightful tips, helpful tools and excellent deals.
- Choose Money
- This site provides the latest news and guides for people in the UK on a range of
money matters all authored by a team of specialist financial journalists. It also
allows you to compare popular credit cards, loans, bank accounts etc.
- The Investing Site - Personal Finance
and Investing made Simple
- Among the features of this site UK high street bank finder for each town with the
opening hours, facilities, address, telephone number and map of local branches.
- Absolute Assigned Policies
- A British website for people thinking selling their endowment policies.
- uSwitch UK
- A service for finding the UK's cheapest personal loans.
- Octagon Capital
- A bridging loan broker based in London which helps developers and investors secure specialist finance across the UK.
- MT Finance
- A Bridging Loans Provider, named Best Service for a Bridging Finance Provider 2020 by Business Moneyfacts.
- Get Indemnity
- A london-based insurance brokerage, specialising in cyber insurance and professional indemnity.
- Bridging Loan Company
- Offers fast bridging loans and bridging finance for property professionals.
- An award-winning insurance provider offering business health insurance plans to organisations with a minimum of 2 employees
- A startup news site focusing on stories and interviews of entrepreneurs and founders from all walks of life.
- A site for company research, news feeds, and for information about markets,
funds, and managing your money.
- 12 Personal Finance Facts You Didn't Learn in School
- An American website giving basic facts about banking, credit cards and investment..
- Hands on Banking: money skills you need for life
- A guide for people in different age groups, and also military personnel and entrepreneurs.
- UK Insolvency Helpline
- Free advice from a team of money advice workers on all aspects of debt advice,
credit repair and insolvency issues.
- This Is Money
- This Is Money is a British portal for current information about financial
matters. It is run by Associated New Media, part of the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday,
Evening Standard, and Metro media group.
- Personal Finance - Fair Investment
- Fair Investment Company is a leading independent UK personal finance portal which
provides high quality services through appointed partners and select advertisers for
the individual and business owner.
- Money Extra
- A blog about money, dealing mainly with cryptocurrencies.
- Credit Card Comparison
- Compare UK credit cards, featuring extensive information, comparison search tools
and ask the experts help services.
- Creative Wealth
- Formerly known as the Money Camp this is American site created with the objective
of empowering people, including children, to create financial independence for
- Investor Guide
- All sorts of information for investors are available from this site which aims to
be the leading guide to investing on the Web.
- Investor Words
- A comprehensive, cross-referenced glossary of investment terms.
- Harriman House
- The website of a British publisher of finance, trading and investment books.
- Gold Eagle
- If you are interested in gold, silver or platinum, this is the site for you.
- Offshore Banking and Offshore Company
- For protecting your assets!
- A trading platform for investors.
- A free information site providing impartial debt advice for individuals in
- IVA Individual Voluntary
Agreements and Bankruptcy Advice
- A website with free advice on problems of getting out of debt from a firm which
arranges practical agreements by negotiating with banks and credit card
- Doctor Debt
- An American website devoted to the to the understanding, prevention and treatment
- Unravel It
- An independent and impartial online price comparison service for UK utility bills
and financial services.
- OANDA Currency Converter
- Has up-to-date rates for 164 currencies and also gives figures for earlier
- Universal Currency Converter
- Performs rapid calculations involving any pair of currencies.
- Pacific Exchange Rate Service
- The Currencies of the World section gives details of the currencies of most
countries, including their names, symbols, whether they are fixed or floating
- Currencies of the
- A list of currencies and their abbreviations.
- A price comparison website for finding the cheapest rates for changing currencies and transferring money to other countries.
- The Word "Dollar" and the Dollar Sign $
- An outline of their origins and history.
Value of Old Money
- Information about online and printed sources for determining what would be the
equivalent value in today's money of any particular amount of money at some previous
date in history.
- Glossary of Money Terms -
Official and Slang
- It covers British and American terms and ancient terms for money, and has links
to other glossaries.
- Eurogiro Network
- More than 500,000 branches and post offices and more than 4 billion people around the world are within reach for payments between Eurogiro members. Many of these people can also be reached via their accounts.
How to pay for holidays when your plastic just won't do
- An article about transferring money abroad, the Observer, August 15, 2004.
- International Money Transfer - a Traveller's Guide
- Information about the pros and cons of various methods of sending money
- Demystifying Hawala: An Inside Look at the Middle East's Underground Banking System
- The Arabic word hawala translates to payment or debt transfer and is the name of an informal money transfer system, traditionally used in the Muslim world, that is both criticised vehemently and relied heavily upon. It has been used to fund terror but remains an essential part of the economies of numerous developing countries. An article published in the Dartmouth Business Journal.
Economics and Business in General
- Currency and Money Guide for Kids
- A guide for children covering a wide range of topics involving money, ranging from history to games.
- Careers in Economics
- Careers advice from the American University, Washington D.C..
- Accounting, Business Studies and Economics Dictionary
- Possibly the most comprehensive business related dictionary on the Internet for
students, produced by ITS Tutorial School in Hong Kong.
- The UNO Center for Economic Education
- The aim of The Center is to improve the economic and financial literacy of current and future Nebraska and Western Iowa citizens by providing educational and training programs and materials for teachers of K-12 classes.
[ Top ]
[ Money - Past, Present & Future ]
[ History of Money ]
[ Book Orders ]
[ Glyn Davies - biography ]
[ Financial Fiction - Novels Set in the Banking World
[ Roy Davies' Home Page ]
Roy Davies - last updated 21 April 2021.