Why visit us?
There are at least five good reasons to visit the NLO:
- in the planetarium begin to find your way around the night sky
- see three historic telescopes
- find out how helium was discovered and where it was first found
- learn a little of the life and work of Lockyer, founder-editor of the journal 'Nature'
- get an idea of how astronomy, the oldest science, turned into astrophysics, the most modern, and the part Lockyer played in this
....and seeing through the telescopes would be a bonus.