Accountancy, Banking & Finance
Consumer Information, etc.
- Bean Counting 101
- A free multi-media accounting course for non-cccountants by Arnold S. Grundvig,
- Ohio State's Virtual Finance
- a resource that Ohio State's Department of Finance provides to academia and
- RAW : Rutgers Accounting Web
- Claims to be the largest accounting website on the Internet.
- Intute Business
- A major portal for the study of business and managagement, including
- The Association of Chartered Certified
- ACCA claims to be the largest and fastest-growing international accountancy body,
with members in 160 countries.
- Find a
- Information provided by the ICAEW. It includes an online directory of accountancy
- Is an online degree in accounting right for you?
- A guide for students thinking of studying online for a degree in accounting at university or college in the United States.
- Institute for Finance and
Banking at the University of Göttingen
- The IFBG server has links to all sorts of information on banking, financial
services, and money in general, including e-money.
- ifs School of Finance
- The ifs School of Finance is one of the leading bodies for
the provision of both education and life-long career support services to the
financial services industry, and formal financial education to the public at
- The Building Societies Association
- The trade association for the UK's building societies. The site contains details
of members, answers to frequently asked questions, facts and statistics on building
societies, and copies of press releases and newsletters etc.
- The Chartered Institute of Bankers in
- The Institute, which is the oldest banking Institute in the world, is Scotland's
leading provider of Professional Qualifications to the financial services
- Bank of England
- The official web site of Britain's central bank.
- British Bankers' Association
- A source of information for consumers, businesses, the media and
- Frequently Asked Questions about the
Federal Reserve System
- Answers compiled by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Canadian Banks
- Thid site focuses on the Canadian banking industry, featuring articles about
Canadian financial institutions, mortgage, credit and debt.
- International Monetary Fund
- The IMF is an international organization of 185 member countries. It was
established to promote international monetary cooperation, exchange stability, and
orderly exchange arrangements; to foster economic growth and high levels of
employment; and to provide temporary financial assistance to countries to help ease
balance of payments adjustment.
- World Bank
- The central bankers' central bank.
- The Central Bank
- This is part of the website of the Bank for
International Settlements. The Hub includes a directory of the world's central
banks with links to their websites, copies of speeches by senior central bankers, and
research publications from central banks and other international financial
institutions, and articles from the International Journal of Central Banking.
- Banking and Finance
- This site claims to cover 95% of bank web-sites as well as stock exchanges from
Debunking the Federal Reserve Conspiracy Theories
- Articles by Edward Flaherty answering common allegations made against the Federal
- British Bankers' Association
- This website provides you with information about the BBA and also offers access
to more information about the banking industry.
- Bobsguide to Financial Technology
- An online showcase for technologies and services in the banking and finance
Consumer Information, Personal Finance, Stockmarkets etc.
- Credits and
Debits: Understanding Practical Money Management
- A succinct guide that is useful for teaching youth in particular about
- Company Formation in the UK and Offshore
Company Registration, Credit Reports
- The website of a UK and international company formation agent incorporated in all
the major offshore company jurisdictions. The company also provides banking and
merchant account facilities.
- A major source of information on all aspects of finance, arranged by topic and by
- Led by a former Director of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs,
Credit.com provides consumers a unique perspective on the financial world. Credit.com
empowers consumers with easy-to-understand information about money, credit, loans and
more. Credit.com is partnered with trusted financial experts and select companies in
order to offer insightful tips, helpful tools and excellent deals.
- Choose Money
- This site provides the latest news and guides for people in the UK on a range of
money matters all authored by a team of specialist financial journalists. It also
allows you to compare popular credit cards, loans, bank accounts etc.
- The Investing Site - Personal Finance
and Investing made Simple
- Among the features of this site UK high street bank finder for each town with the
opening hours, facilities, address, telephone number and map of local branches.
- Absolute Assigned Policies
- A British website for people thinking selling their endowment policies.
- uSwitch UK
- A service for finding the UK's cheapest personal loans.
- Big Mortgage Problem
- Mortgage advice from a broker may help to save You a lot of pain, time And
- Bridging Loan Company
- Offers fast bridging loans and bridging finance for property professionals.
- Pay Finder
- PayFinder is a free and anonymous service that will allow you to compare your
salary to others within your company, industry and region.
- Digital Look
- A site for company research, news feeds, and for information about markets,
funds, and managing your money.
- A UK financial directory covering online investments, share dealing, spread
betting, personal and business banking, mortgages, loans, insurance and competitive
- Finance Facts
- Guidance through the maze that is personal finance in the UK.
- The Truth about Money
- The Truth About Money Campaign was established to help more people, mainly
business owners, professionals, successful high earners and those retired with
capital, gain access to the TRUTH about money.
- UK Insolvency Helpline
- Free advice from a team of money advice workers on all aspects of debt advice,
credit repair and insolvency issues.
- This Is Money
- This Is Money is a British portal for current information about financial
matters. It is run by Associated New Media, part of the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday,
Evening Standard, and Metro media group.
- Personal Finance - Fair Investment
- Fair Investment Company is a leading independent UK personal finance portal which
provides high quality services through appointed partners and select advertisers for
the individual and business owner.
- Money Extra
- An extensive source of information on personal finance dealing particularly with
- Student Credit
- A site giving advice on credit cards specifically designed to meet the needs of
today's students in Britain.
- Credit Card Comparison
- Compare UK credit cards, featuring extensive information, comparison search tools
and ask the experts help services.
- Creative Wealth
- Formerly known as the Money Camp this is American site created with the objective
of empowering people, including children, to create financial independence for
- Investor Guide
- All sorts of information for investors are available from this site which aims to
be the leading guide to investing on the Web.
- Investor Words
- A comprehensive, cross-referenced glossary of investment terms.
- Global Investor
- Among the offerings of this site are news items, a very extensive directory of
links to other sources of financial information, and details of new books on finance
with facilities for ordering them.
- Gold Eagle
- If you are interested in gold, silver or platinum, this is the site for you.
- Offshore Banking and Offshore Company
- For protecting your assets!
- A trading platform for investors.
- Debt Questions
- A free information site providing impartial debt advice for individuals in
- IVA Individual Voluntary
Agreements and Bankruptcy Advice
- A website with free advice on problems of getting out of debt from a firm which
arranges practical agreements by negotiating with banks and credit card
- Doctor Debt
- An American website devoted to the to the understanding, prevention and treatment
- Unravel It
- An independent and impartial online price comparison service for UK utility bills
and financial services.
- OANDA Currency Converter
- Has up-to-date rates for 164 currencies and also gives figures for earlier
- Universal Currency Converter
- Performs rapid calculations involving any pair of currencies.
- Pacific Exchange Rate Service
- The Currencies of the World section gives details of the currencies of most
countries, including their names, symbols, whether they are fixed or floating
- Currencies of the
- A list of currencies and their abbreviations.
- The Word "Dollar" and the Dollar Sign $
- An outline of their origins and history.
Value of Old Money
- Information about online and printed sources for determining what would be the
equivalent value in today's money of any particular amount of money at some previous
date in history.
- Glossary of Money Terms -
Official and Slang
- It covers British and American terms and ancient terms for money, and has links
to other glossaries.
- Eurogiro Network
- Eurogiro is a network for low value payments between banks and postal
organisations and a gateway to other payment solutions in the Low Value Payment
market. Its membership includes postal giros and some banks in Europe, Asia, Africa
and North America.
How to pay for holidays when your plastic just won't do
- An article about transferring money abroad, the Observer, August 15, 2004.
- International Money
Transfer - a Traveller's Guide
- Information about the pros and cons of various methods of sending money
principles and Practice of contemporary Hawala: informal value transmission on a
- A presentation by Roger Ballard with 100 slides giving a detailed explanation of
how hawala works.
Economics and Business in General
- Accounting, Business Studies and
- Possibly the most comprehensive business related dictionary on the Internet for
students, produced by ITS Tutorial School in Hong Kong.
- TalkTalk Money
- All the latest personal finance news features and advice.
- EcEdWeb, the Economic Education Website, provides support for economic education
in all forms and at all levels.
[ Top ]
[ Money - Past, Present & Future ]
[ History of Money ]
[ Book Orders ]
[ Glyn Davies - biography ]
[ Financial Fiction - Novels Set in the Banking World
[ Roy Davies' Home Page ]
Roy Davies - last updated 14 June 2014.